It is always best to check your local restrictions before holding a fundraising event that might involve contact with or proximity to other people. Take a look at gov.uk for advice.
Top 10 fundraising ideas
- Gaming tournament – whether it’s Fifa or Fortnite, get those competitive juices flowing. Invite your friends to take part in a tournament and ask for a donation to The Lullaby Trust. Alternatively, you could take on a solo sponsored game-athon by playing your favourite game for a set amount of time and streaming it.
- Virtual marathon – hop on the treadmill or static bike to rack up those miles and create a JustGiving page to collect sponsorship from your family and friends.
- Virtual games night – organise a virtual quiz, bingo or an online game, such as Codenames. You could choose a theme and ask everyone to dress up too!
- Get crafty – cracking at crochet? Picasso with a paintbrush? Sell your items at local outdoor markets, via social media or on online marketplaces such as Etsy.
- Hire me – offer to do odd jobs such as dog walking, lawn mowing or grocery shopping in your local area in return for a donation to The Lullaby Trust.
- Dress down day – the old faithful never fails and is perfect for schools, clubs or workplaces. You could use The Lullaby Trust’s colour scheme of yellow and blue. If you have connections with a local nursery or pre-school, hold a Lullaby Trust Pyjama Day!
- Christmas jumper day – dig out the wacky woollens and give a prize for the best. This can be done virtually with photo entries.
- Donate your birthday – ask for donations in lieu of gifts or set up a birthday fundraising page on Facebook.
- Virtual bake off – choose a recipe, send it round to your friends and bake along together on Zoom. Who will make the best bake?
- Take to the virtual stage – are you a performer? Sing, dance or do some magic through a Facebook or Instagram Live video with a donate button.
We suggest the following platforms to organise a virtual event and fundraise for The Lullaby Trust.
Online giving pages
Video Calling platforms
Whatever you are planning, we would love to hear all about it! Please get in touch with our friendly Fundraising Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7802 3200.