Free CONI Presentations
To support the contact that co-ordinators and health visitors have with CONI families, we have produced a range of bitesize presentations for you to share with families.
A registration page opens once the link is clicked which then loads the presentation. LogMeIn is fully compliant with EU law regarding data security and privacy.
What is the CONI Programme?
Find out more about how the CONI programme can support bereaved families when they have another baby:
Find out more about the Symptom Diary and how to use it on the CONI programme:
Find out more about Movement Monitors and how to use them on the CONI programme:
Using the Sheffield Weight Chart
Find out more information about weighing your baby and how to use the Sheffield Weight Chart as part of the CONI programme.
Role of the health professionals
Find out more about the role of the team of health professionals that you may have contact with as part of the CONI Programme.
Safer sleep for babies – Sleep position, sleep environment and bedding
Find out more about the safest way to put your baby down to sleep for both daytime naps and at night.
Safer sleep for babies – Overheating, temperature and overwrapping
Find out more about the safest room temperature for your baby and the risk associated with overheating and overwrapping your baby.
Safer sleep for babies – Baby ill-health, Baby Check app and vaccination
Find out more information about checking for signs that your baby maybe unwell, how to use the Baby Check app and the importance of vaccinating your baby.
Safer sleep for babies – Breastfeeding
Find out more about the benefits of breastfeeding.
Safer sleep for babies – Smoking and e-cigarettes
Find out more about the benefits of not smoking before and after your baby is born.
CONI Forms and Additional Information
- We have updated our CONI Guidelines to replace the existing CONI co-ordinators Manual, CONI Protocol and CONI Guidelines for Users documents. You can download the new version here.
- A co-ordinator notification of baby death document needs to be completed by the co-ordinator and returned to us by email, rather than posting it. The document can be downloaded here.
- Our Movement Monitors Fact Sheet includes information for co-ordinators as a quick guide only and families must be signposted to the manufacturer’s instructions for the monitor they are using.
- We have updated our CONI Leaflet, you can download the new version here.
- In view of the current and evolving COVID-19 situation, please keep an eye on our meetings page for future dates for Q&A sessions and new CONI co-ordinator training.
- We annually refresh the log of requests for equipment, as funding is intermittently available. As you can appreciate, the demand is very high and so there is no guarantee that you will receive the quantity of monitors that you apply for. Please use this form to request extra monitors/scales.
- If you wish to update your contact details, please use this form.
- It is important for us to record as accurately as possible the number of families who decline CONI, or who use CONI but do not wish for their details to be sent to the CONI Team. Please use this form to notify us of any families known to you who are eligible to participate on CONI and decide against using the programme or who enrol on CONI but decline consent for details to be sent to the CONI Team. Please return the form via email or post.
CONI is currently available in many areas in England, Wales, Northern Ireland. For further details contact the CONI team on CONI@lullabytrust.org.uk.