We have a supply of free SNUZA Hero MD monitors for use by families who are enrolled on the CONI programme. These monitors are a gift to the family from the distributor of SNUZA Hero MD not The Lullaby Trust or your employers.
Please read the information below before you start the nominating process
Which families can benefit from a SNUZA Hero MD?
- The family/baby MUST BE eligible for CONI programme support (in line with local CONI guidelines)
- Previously been on CONI and have lost/not returned a monitor
- Coordinator assesses that SNUZA will be easier/more appropriate for family to use than other monitors that are available e.g. toddlers around, concerns about safety, sensors being pulled or getting tangled.
- Monitor is needed urgently due to late referral, baby is already born, no other monitors available
- Family expressed preference for a SNUZA Hero MD, after coordinator has explained local monitor options (if appropriate)
- Baby is over 6 months old and a mattress monitor is not available.
CONI Co-ordinator’s responsibility
- Discuss this arrangement with your manager who should seek local legal/governance advice before you start to talk with families
- Coordinator assesses family suitability for SNUZA Hero MD
- Explain to family the terms of them receiving a monitor. This can be found in ‘What the family needs to know’ section below
- CONI coordinators to follow ‘How to nominate the family’ process below
- It is the coordinator’s responsibility to check the monitor has arrived with the family and to notify the CONI Team (email@example.com) if it hasn’t arrived
- Need to discuss limitations of monitors – updated information can be found in ‘Monitor Information for Coordinators’ on The Lullaby Trust website
- Need to discuss what to do if the alarm goes off, this includes a plan and Basic Life Support instruction/helping your baby until help arrives
- Need parent/s verbal consent to send name, address and telephone number to The Lullaby Trust – this will not be used for any other reason.
What the family needs to know
- Explain to the family that it is a gift from the distributors (not the Health Visiting service or The Lullaby Trust)
- Each monitor is given on the understanding that it is for single use for their baby only; named baby basis
- Family are responsible for the monitor and can keep it i.e. do not return it to The Lullaby Trust or Co-ordinator/HV
- Monitor will be sent directly to their home (we need their home address, but it will not be used for anything else)
- Delivery takes approximately 5 working days from request. Unfortunately, it does not fit through a standard letter box so instructions about a safe place to leave it, if not at home, is required
- If the monitor is lost/broken they may be lent another sort of monitor locally but the offer of a SNUZA Hero MD is not usually repeated
- Any complaints or problems with the monitor should be reported to www.snuza.com and then their Co-ordinator
- An additional Lullaby Trust/CONI appropriate information leaflet is contained within the monitor box
- Ask parent/s if they will be willing to give feedback to The Lullaby Trust (either telephone interview or online) when they are nominated for a monitor.
The Lullaby Trust CONI team’s responsibility
- Receive and review the Enrolment Form ** there is a rigorous checking system
- Order and dispatch monitor to family
- Inform Co-ordinator by email that monitor has been sent to family
- Respond and follow up emails regarding non-delivery and keep Co-ordinator updated
- Keep nominations and feedback documents securely and in line with GDPR
- Advise and support CONI Co-ordinators in a time sensitive way.
How to nominate the family
- Complete a CONI Enrolment Form and tick the SNUZA required box
- You will be sent a link to complete the Nomination Form
- CONI Co-ordinator to check the monitor has arrived with the family and to notify the CONI Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if it hasn’t arrived.
If you require further information, please contact us at email@example.com.