We regularly recruit for volunteer interns throughout the year so keep an eye on this page for opportunities. We are keen to offer you an opportunity that best meets your interests and career aspirations, so if there’s something you’d like to learn more about, just let us know!
There are no fundraising intern roles available currently but if you would like to email your CV and cover letter (include your availability) to email@example.com we would be happy to keep your application on file for the future.
Fundraising interns support us in every area of our work, which means you’ll get insight into marketing, campaign development, community & events fundraising, how to use a fundraising database and how a busy fundraising team operates! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to start a career in fundraising.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, enthusiastic, well-organised and willing to get stuck in with whatever is required – this can vary from day-to-day! Candidates must be computer-literate, with good knowledge of MS Excel and databases. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge and experience of fundraising.
- To work with us to deliver fundraising projects
- To help us support our community and events fundraisers
- To administer daily data management tasks and information input
- To assist with fundraising research
- To deal with general administration tasks
How the programme will benefit you
Our interns benefit from the opportunity to develop key skills and knowledge, including:
- Learning about fundraising and marketing
- How to use a fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Managing your own workload and working deadlines
- Building and developing working relationships both internally and with external clients
- Acquiring and developing office-based competencies related to career goals and interests
- Learning about how a small fundraising team functions in a very competitive environment
- Gaining invaluable experience in one of the UK’s leading baby charities
- The internship is unpaid, but expenses including travel and lunch will be reimbursed.
- We’d like you to be able to volunteer for at least 3 days a week for 3 months.