Fundraising Intern (voluntary)
It is an exciting time to join our team as we develop new campaigns and events. We are looking for someone to support us in every area of our work, which means you’ll get insight into marketing, campaign development, community & events fundraising, how to use a fundraising database and how a busy fundraising team operates! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to start a career in fundraising.
How the programme will benefit you
Our interns benefit from the opportunity to develop key skills and knowledge, including:
- Learning about fundraising and marketing
- How to use a fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Managing your own workload and working deadlines
- Building and developing working relationships both internally and with external clients
- Acquiring and developing office-based competencies related to career goals and interests
- Learning about how a small fundraising team functions in a very competitive environment
- Gaining invaluable experience in one of the UK’s leading baby charities
Candidates must have an excellent standard of written English and be computer-literate, with good knowledge of MS Excel and databases. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge and experience of fundraising.
- The internship is unpaid, but expenses including travel and lunch (up to £5) will be reimbursed.
- You will be based at our Head Office in Victoria, London.
- We’d like you to be able to volunteer for at least 2 days a week
- The internship will start in mid to late February and last for 3 months
To apply to be a fundraising intern, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by Tuesday 20 February 2018.
As a Fundraising Intern at the Lullaby Trust, I got to work closely with the lovely team who made me feel so welcome. I learned so many new skills and got to experience many different sides to fundraising, whether that be from challenge events, special events, community supporters or corporate support.
Seeing first-hand how supporters of the charity put so much time and effort into their fundraising really inspired me and has definitely ignited my passion for fundraising and third sector work.
Charlotte – Fundraising Intern in 2017