The Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on charities, with the cancellation of thousands of events and the loss of billions in fundraising income. In response, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds to help to save the UK’s charities.
The 2.6 Challenge will launch on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day annual fundraising event. We’re asking you to take part in an activity of your choice based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate to support The Lullaby Trust.
People of all ages are taking on The 2.6 Challenge with a host of activities – from walking, running or cycling 2.6 miles, juggling for 2.6 minutes, to holding online workouts with 26 friends. The ideas and options are endless and they don’t have to be physical! You could form a family band and put on a 26 minute virtual gig or get crafty and make something that you sell for £2.60 each.
The only requirement is that you must follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing. Most people are taking part from Sunday 26 April but you can do your activity whenever is most convenient for you.
- Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas in the downloadable pack below.
- Set up a JustGiving page to collect donations. Alternatively you can donate £26, or whatever you can afford via our website.
- Let us know about your challenge by filling out this registration form so that we can support you!
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge.
- Complete your challenge and share a photo or video on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge. Don’t forget to tag us @lullabytrust so we can see what you get up to!