- Sponsored-athon – from swimathons to zumbathons, get sponsored for going extreme
- Sports day – recreate the memories with egg and spoon and three-legged races
- Five-a-side – channel your inner Ronaldo with a tournament among friends or colleagues
- Gaming tournament – whether it’s Fifa or Fortnite, get those competitive juices flowing
- Virtual marathon – hop on the treadmill or static bike to rack up those miles
- Visit in a day – walk between tube stations, football stadiums or well-known attractions in 24 hours.
- Tug of War – borrow a rope from your local gym or leisure center and bring out the biceps!
Fun with friends
- Come dine with me – prepare a slap up meal for friends in return for donations for what they would be willing to pay in a restaurant!
- Quiz night – time to swot up on your flag knowledge
- Pamper Evening – Fundraising using face packs, what better excuse to treat yourself?
- Black tie ball – Get your glad rags out and dance the night away
- Garden party – Pop open the bubbly and show off the azaleas
- Film club – screen a cult classic or recent blockbuster and sell retro snacks
- Games night – Scrabble, Articulate, Uno … so many options!
- Bingo – clickety click, 66
- Karaoke – power ballads at the ready
- Barn dance or ceilidh – get those dancing shoes on
- Theme evening – whether it’s 60s, 80s, superhero or disney, fancy dress is a must
- Fun day – bouncy castle, face painting, food, what’s not to love?
Can’t beat the classics
- Raffle or auction – approach local businesses for prizes
- Bring and buy sale – a great way to de-clutter
- Bake sale – no one can resist a slice of cake. Why not join us for Bake it for Babies in October?
- Bucket collection – get in touch with our fundraising team to organise a permit
- Sweepstakes – perfect during big events like sports tournaments, awards season or even the Great British Bake Off!
- Tombola – collect bottle donations from friends and family then set up at a local fair or boot sale
- Guessing jars – fill with sweets and ask for donations to guess the number
- Name the teddy – who will correctly guess the name to win a new cuddly friend?
Use your talents
- Get crafty – cracking at crochet? Picasso with a paintbrush? Why not sell your masterpieces at fairs and boot sales
- Lullaby’s got talent – hold a contest at work or school and show off hidden skills
- Face painting – a firm favourite at fetes
- New skills – do you or a friend have a skill to share? Teach others for a donation!
- Hire me – offer to do odd jobs such as dog walking, lawn mowing or grocery shopping
- Break a world record – the most, the biggest, the longest…what will you achieve?
- Plant sale – get those green fingers to work
- Yes day – say yes to everyone’s demands (within reason)!
At the office
- Dress down day – the old faithful never fails
- Dare the boss – Set a target for donations to see your boss do something daring
- Shared lunch – everyone brings a dish
- Bad hair/tie/socks day – lighten up that dull meeting
- Car wash – best on a sunny day!
- Office to office – get a team to walk or cycle between your office or factory locations
- Smarties for pennies – give everyone a smarties tube to fill up with loose change once they’ve eaten the contents!
- Yellow Yourself – officially in May, Lullaby Trust supporters donate and dress in yellow for the day. You can Yellow Yourself at any time of the year though!
- Easter egg hunt – in the garden or your local park
- Haunted House – create your own Halloween scare fest complete with roaming zombies!
- Bonfire night – roast marshmallows, serve hot chocolate put on a fantastic firework display
- Secret Santa – lower the spending budget and donate the difference
- Xmas jumper day – dig out the wacky woollens and give a prize for the best
- Carol singing – hire a local hall for a concert or contact your council about public singing
- Donate your birthday – ask for donations in lieu of gifts or set up a birthday fundraising page on Facebook