2021 is The Lullaby Trust’s 50th anniversary, so this year we are encouraging our supporters to complete 50 miles in memory of their baby or other loved one and set a fundraising target of £50. You could complete your 50 miles by yourself, or you could encourage your family and friends to each complete a mile or two. If you organise a Miles in Memory walk this year and reach your £50 target, we’ll send you a 50th anniversary Lullaby pin badge to say thank you!
Getting involved with Miles in Memory is simple and rewarding. It is a wonderful opportunity to remember a loved one and raise money for The Lullaby Trust. We will support you every step of the way!
Over the years hundreds of supporters have held walks in memory of their babies, some of whom have shared their stories below:
‘Each year we hold a Mile in Memory event to remember our beautiful little girl. It’s an emotional day with tears, smiles and laughter, a day full of love’ Read Jessica’s story here
‘I feel very blessed to have been able to do this walk in my son’s memory and to raise money for The Lullaby Trust at the same time. I hope our money can help support more families and to find out more about SIDS, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy’ Read Catriona’s story here
Planning your Miles in Memory walk
- Have a read through our Miles in Memory welcome pack
- Invite friends and family to join you on the walk to remember someone special. Even if you don’t live close to one another, you can all take part separately in your own local area
- Choose a distance – we’re encouraging our supporters to complete 50 miles
- Choose a date – this could be a single day or over a longer period
- Choose a location – anywhere from your local park to the beach
- Set a fundraising target – we’re encouraging our supporters to raise £50, but you may choose a number significant to you
- Register your Miles in Memory walk below so we can support you in the lead up to your event
- Please note, we are currently only encouraging supporters to organise their own Miles in Memory walk if they can do so in line with current Government advice around social distancing
Register your Miles in Memory walk
For more information on this event, contact our friendly Fundraising Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7802 3200.