Big Steps for Small Feet is a chance for our charities to unite as one, in togetherness and hope, raising awareness for a cause that is close to each and every one of us. It’s an opportunity to show the world that collectively we can make a difference.
This June we return to take on an incredible coastal trek of the South Downs having conquered Scafell Pike in 2023, Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon) in 2022 and Ben Nevis at night in 2021. We hope to give those who need it the chance to walk and talk together, scaling new heights to unite and raise money for charities working to support bereaved families every day.
When a child dies, it can shatter the world of everyone who cared for them. You can feel alone and as if no one understands your pain. Bereaved parents, and those who have been affected by child loss, tell us they feel like they’ve lost a part of themselves and are unsure who to talk to or where to channel their feelings.
By taking on the South Downs in 2024, you can change this. Join with us for Big Steps for Small Feet and together we can make a difference by raising awareness and funds for one of the following 8 charities; The Lullaby Trust, Twins Trust, Anam Casa Fasgadh, Bliss, Sands, Held In Our Hearts and Tommy’s.
If you would like to take part in this event and raise money for The Lullaby Trust, then click the find out more button below, where you will be directed to Charity Challenge’s website.
Cost and Fundraising Requirements
Option A: Fund your own place
- Non-refundable registration fee of £40 at time of booking
- You pay for the cost of your space, which is £115.00 due nine weeks before departure (20 April 2024)
- Raise as much as you can; your cost is covered, so 100% of your fundraising is retained by The Lullaby Trust
Option B: Minimum Sponsorship
- £40 non-refundable registration fee at the time of booking
- You fundraise a minimum of £235.00 for The Lullaby Trust
- At least 80% of the sponsorship (£188.00) must be sent to The Lullaby Trust 11 weeks before departure (by 06 April 2024)
- The remaining 20% (£47.00) is due within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (20 July 2024)
- If you have raised the necessary funds, The Lullaby Trust pays the balance of your expedition costs which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target
Your trip includes:
- A t-shirt from The Lullaby Trust
- Support from Charity Challenge and The Lullaby Trust in the run up to, during and afterwards
- A packed lunch, snacks and water
- A medal at the finish line!
- Experienced and qualified Charity Challenge, mountain expedition leaders and emergency support line
- Full back up including first aid qualified staff and supplies
Please note that the registration fee does not include Personal Travel insurance, parking, dinner, transport to the venue or accommodation if you wish to stay nearby before/after trek.
If you have any questions about this event, please get in touch with our friendly Fundraising Team via email at email@example.com or call 020 7802 3200.