THE BIG GIVE 2016
On behalf of everyone here at The Lullaby Trust we want to say an enormous thank you to those of you who donated to The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2016. Your generosity has allowed us to raise a staggering £86,912 beating our initial target by a HUGE £26,912!
These vital funds will go towards funding our nationwide campaign on Safer Sleep for Babies. Around 230 apparently healthy babies die every year from SIDS, that’s 4 a week. As part of this campaign we aim to:
• Work with our partner Bounty (the pregnancy and parenting advice organisation) to ensure that we reach all new parents in England, Wales and N. Ireland with our essential Safer Sleep advice
• Raise awareness of the importance of Safer Sleep for babies and to encourage this to be at the forefront of every new parent, midwife and health professional in England, Wales and N. Ireland
• Focus on working with vulnerable young parents (under 20) as young parents are more likely to suffer a SIDS death
• Advertise key Safer Sleep messaging in high profile areas such as mother and baby changing facilities nationally
• To be one step closer to reaching our goal of halving SIDS to 150 per year by 2020.
Once again, thank you so much for supporting The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2016 and remember the money you've raised will go towards spreading our life saving Safer Sleep for Babies advice across the UK.