The Lullaby Trust is offering an opportunity for an enthusiastic volunteer who is looking for communications experience in the charity sector. The post is for around 2 days per week for up to 2 months and no prior experience is required.
The great thing about being part of our small but energetic team is that you’ll get a fantastic overview into many areas of communications and the opportunity to be involved in a high profile campaign and the press work that goes along with it. The 2019 campaign featured in the media 650 times and included appearances on BBC Breakfast, Sky News, ITV News and national and local press and radio.
We are keen to offer you an opportunity that best meets your interests and career aspirations, so if there’s something you’d like to learn more about, just let us know.
Our volunteers benefit from the opportunity to develop key skills and knowledge, including:
- Social media content planning, copywriting and scheduling
- Campaign planning and delivery
- How to create and sell in a story to the media
- The opportunity to learn the basics of Adobe Creative Cloud particularly InDesign and Photoshop
- Learning about how a small communications team functions in a busy environment
- Gaining invaluable experience in one of the UK’s leading baby charities
How the programme will benefit you
As we are a small team you will get an overview of all areas of our work. We will put together a development plan at the beginning of the volunteer period in order to help you get the most from the role but if you find there are areas you’d like to know more about just let us know.
What we offer our volunteers:
- Induction package and on-going training
- Support for learning and development from a dedicated supervisor
- Objectives and work plan will be provided for the duration and reviewed by the supervisor on a weekly basis
- Opportunity to participate fully in all aspects of the charity
- Expenses for lunch and travel to zone 6
- A maximum period of 2 months with days and hours agreed based on your availability and other commitments
- Full reference and assessment of skills will be completed at the end of your time with the charity
Key qualities we are looking for
You should be interested in pursuing a career in charity communications. You will need to be proactive, enthusiastic, well-organised and willing to learn and try new things.
Skills that you could offer
No previous communications experience is required but applicants must have an excellent standard of written English and be computer-literate. Some knowledge and experience of social media (including personal accounts) would be desirable but not essential
How to apply
Please send us your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and why you are a suitable candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight 4th February 2020